Starting in July 2020, Playa Hotels & Resorts will begin reopening its properties with the highest sanitation standards, through its Playa Safe Stay program.
If you are one of those who think that after the pandemic, the first thing to do to regain “normality” is to travel, then do it, when conditions permit; preferably in the country, to help the local economy, and under the strictest security standards.
Requirements, all three, amply covered by Playa Hotels & Resorts hotels that shortly after the quarantine was established raised the already high levels of asepsis and sanitation that characterize their trusted brands such as Hilton and Hyatt.
Safe Stay Beach
From the first days of May, the Playa Safe Stay program focuses not only on guaranteeing traveler safety but also on collaborating with key sectors in the tourism industry to find solutions and provide antiviral prevention measures.
Among the general measures that this protocol contemplates, the following stand out:
- Protective Equipment: Standard personal protective equipment is available at the resorts, as well as health checks and temperature checks.
- Physical distancing: physical distancing practices are maintained at all times, both for guests and among staff.
- Cleaning and disinfection: in points with high contact frequency and in common areas with high traffic, cleaning, and disinfection processes are carried out every hour.
- Redistribution in consumption centers: consumption centers, common areas, swimming pools, and meeting points have been reorganized to maintain a healthy distance.
- Trusted allies: All local partners, service providers such as excursions and transportation, are required to implement specific disinfection and antiviral prevention measures.
In the lobby
Playa Hotels & Resorts is prepared to receive guests at this stage that have called the new normal, where personalized attention and warmth in service are not lost, despite the necessary physical distance and the reduction of interactions to the minimum necessary. Among the changes in the operation stand out:
- Low Contact Arrivals: In addition to personal protective equipment, glass guards at the reception protect interactions between guests and staff.
- Sanitized Baggage: All guest baggage is sanitized on arrival and just before departure from hotels.
- Internal Transportation: Cars, trucks, limousines, and golf carts are frequently disinfected during the day and before and after each use.
- Contactless Checkout – Express payment and contactless payment methods are available as part of the Playa Safe Stay program.
Rooms sanitized with Playa Safe Stay
Rooms and suites are cleaned and sterilized with the most effective antiviral techniques available.
- Furniture: The furniture, the minibar and the decoration of each room are cleaned and disinfected, daily, before the arrival of the guests. Cleaning scheduled during the stay can only be requested by the guest.
- Non-contact cleaning: Unless requested, there are strict protocols regarding “do not touch” or organize guest belongings.
- Security Seal: Antibacterial gel and disinfectant wipes are included, as well as sealed toiletries, new toiletries, and disposable glassware.
- Electronic item: televisions, tablets, remote controls, are disinfected safely.
In consumer centers
Through partnerships with Hyatt and Hilton, a comprehensive and methodical approach to food and beverage preparation protects guests.
- Improved disinfection – All restaurants have strict disinfection processes and hand sanitizer at the entrance.
- Reservations: Tables in restaurants are at least 2 meters away and advance reservations are limited to a la carte food to avoid crowds or lines.
- Buffet redesign: includes sealed and protected separations, plus staff assisted service.
- Digital menus: This avoids touching regular menus.
- Bars and lounges: surfaces are cleaned and disinfected immediately after each service and twice an hour.
- Food to take away: it is offered with sealed containers and disposable utensils. The same thing happens with room service.
Safe adventures with Playa Safe Stay
The Playa Safe Stay program takes safety very seriously even at the time of fun, for which it established, among others, the following measures:
- Every hour and a half, deep cleaning and disinfection of all common spaces is carried out and physical distance measures are respected.
- Children’s club equipment is sterilized and operates with personal protective equipment.
- The gyms have been reconditioned to keep a safe distance, are routinely disinfected, and have gel and disinfecting towels.
- All sporting goods and equipment for water sports are disinfected as well.
Playa Hotels & Resort has a presence in the main beach destinations in Mexico through seven properties that will be operating under the standards already described as part of the Playa Safe Stay program. The reopening plan for these properties is as follows:
July 1, 2020
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun
- Hilton Playa del Carmen
July 15, 2020
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
- Panama Jack Resorts Cancun
September 24, 2020
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
October 1, 2020
- Panama Jack Resorts Playa del Carmen
For more information or reservations you can consult this link .
The Mazatlan Post